Sunday, May 27, 2007

My thoughts on Melbourne weather, Aliens, ohh and of course IE!

Hey peeps howzit hangin?

Its been quite a while since i last blogged huh. Ohh actually think it was just last week, but it has seemed like ages till now. I guess it's all coz of the exam cramming I been doing lately. Tax law and accounting mostly. In terms of IE, we are going strong still. We were granted an extension for the detailed design (thanx Jake) till week 13, and we are taking advantage of that to the fullest extent, to deliver a high-calibre piece of work...lol....'high-calibre'..lmao!!:)

It's cloudy outside. The weather report said on friday that it will be a "fine and sunny day for monday". Those were the words of Mike Larkin the weatherman on Channel 10 news. Shows how accurate they are. I hate it when they are wrong. Especially during the holidays when they say its gonna be fine...and we organise a game of cricket on that day..then on that day u hear the forecast again saying "thunderstorms are predicted for the south-eastern region"...lol....doesnt that piss u off!!!...ahh well melbourne weather is quite unpredictable. I guess its the whole southern hemisphere thats screwed up!

Now raindrops are falling on my window. I see a gray sky as I gaze up and search for the sun. But all I get is a sad dark sky staring back at me. I continue to stare, astonished at the sky's enormity and terror. It's kinda frightening when u think bout it. I dont wana think bout it too much. But it has got me hooked. I wonder about the millions of stars and spaceships and aliens out there. And the possibility of all the other different lifeforms on other galaxies and what they must be like and wonder if they are also sad and depressing places to live on (just like our planet). I gotta admit our world is pretty f'ked up! Sometimes I wanna just fly off to another planet, hook up wit a hot alien chick with lots of "superpowers" and live for thousands of years like they do in Futurama. OK maybe I been watching too much Futurama. But u gota admit that one-eyed chick aint bad! I wouldnt mind a piece of that :) All of a sudden, I slap myself really hard on my cheek and snap back to reality.

On a more important "Earthy" subject, our IE project is fast approaching the half-way mark. We havent heard from our clients and they havent heard from us (in like 3 weeks).. shows how much they care about wat we're doing now!!! Hope they havent forgotten us. We kinda miss them....NOT!!!...lol. Ohh by the way, I forgot to mention that in the detailed design, most of the work is done, except for the interface views and a description of the language we'll be using. I will need to consult with Aaron this week to obtain some of that info and convey it back to Ishara or Thusiya as may be necessary. Those two chickpeas have been working so hard on GUI (the subject "GUI"...not IE GUI) and I think their assignment for that is due today. So I do wish them all the best for that, but thank god thats over we can focus more on IE now.

So I hope to see everyone in the lecture tomorrow. And I shall say laterz until next time. :) Tc. Bye bye.

No comments: