Sunday, May 20, 2007

Week 12 begins

Sup peoplez,

Ohh my god. Cant believe its week 12 already! The semester has gone so fast. And with it, we are almost approaching the halfway mark of our journey through IE. It will be a major checkpoint, because we will be assessing where we are and what we have achieved to date and seeing how we can improve the way we do things and make it better for the second half of the project. I gotta say, so far I am impressed with every single person in my team and have absolutely no regrets in joining Velocitec. It's a team that can maintain a positive, cohesive and co-operative work environment, while not forgetting to have a blast! I am confident that if we keep this up till the end of november, we can deliver a successful project with all the required deliverables, to the highest standard possible.

Speaking of deliverables, by this thursday we were hoping to get the detailed design completed. However, due to requests made by my documentors Ishara and Thusiya and (also Aaron who is awaiting reply from client regarding some attributes), we have managed to get an extension on this till the 29th may (tuesday) thanks to Jake.

I reminded Aaron just before to give me an update on what's happening with the sorting out of the attributes he was supposed to do. So I'm hoping for a reply tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, Tari has been checking out some asp.net sites and getting himself familiar with a few asp related websites, forums and various other online sources, as we are looking to use asp.net. Tari is a good problem solver when it comes to programming related issues and is very quick in debugging errors. I have seen him previously debug many complex errors in Java before and I gota say, he will surely become a kick-ass programmer one day. He may even build his own language one day!...who knows! Good stuff brotha! Keep it up, Velocitec will need ya!

In terms of me, I would say I have quite good Java skills (excellent knowledge in object-oriented programming concepts), "OK but not too good" SQL skills, and ummm, think that's all the programming lingos, ohh also throw in a bit of C#. ...lol...I guess not too bad after all.

Anyways, lets see what else is new this week. Oh yes, it rained today! Very exciting, i know!...lol. Umm, also, I been catching up on a lot of tute work (accounting and tax law)....very depressing days indeed....this blog is probably the highlight of my day (the most exciting), apart from watching the simpsons today!...lol....sad sad dayz....cant wait till exams are over.....gonna party like its nineteen ninety nine....ohh and of course get whateva we can get done for our database over the holis.

Apart from that, nothing else new. Think that's it for now. So I'll say hasta manana and bounce!

L8erz peeps :)

No comments: