Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sitting in IE studio

I'm just sitting in the IE studio room with Tari, Aaron and Jake. We are talking about the simpsons. Yes, very relevant to building a medical asset management system. Thusiya and Ishara are in their own little girly world at another table. Well, on the being-productive side of things, me, Tari and Aaron are waiting for this other dude to send the database tables that we designed last week. Apparently, Tari accidently left that piece of paper inside a book belonging to that other dude. Ahh here we go, he just sent it!!.. He scanned the piece of paper and sent a jpg file...lol...so we cant correct it...we have to type it up in excel again..lol..idiot :) Still on being productive, Thusiya and Ishara (our documentors for now) are busy at getting the Functional specification started.

Jake has now left. There's about 10 people in the room now and most of them are in a non-IE world of their own, judging by their conversations. By the looks of it, only Ishi and Thusiya are doing work. Wow, they look really focuses. I'm scared to interrupt them! Aaron and Tari are asking me what we did last week. My answer was 'not much.' Well, good question, what DID we do last week. Lets see, we started to normalise a few tables, created a few tables, and tried to build relationships with them where necessary. Tari wasnt too good at normalisation, but he was an excellent analyst. Aaron and I were mainly involved in normalising. There's still a lot to do with normalisation, prior to the client meeting tomorrow evening at 4.30 at Clayton.

Having said that, I better run off and provide some assistance. Oh yes, I should probably go and have a sneak peek at what Thusiya and Ishi are doing. After all, I'm the project manager and it is my job to oversee all aspects of the fascinatingly mind-blowing project.

Until next time, Ciao ! :)

No comments: