Thursday, April 5, 2007

The 411, the lowdown, the week-in-brief, watever u wanna call it

Ahoy hoy!!!

It's been quite a hectic week. Not just because of IE, but due to other work as well. I have a 3000 word tax law essay which I should start on, a 2500 word accounting report, and an accounting mid-sem test to study for!. And on top of all that, we have to build this database for our wonderful clients. This project is turning out to be quite interesting, coz everyday we seem to be coming up with more and more questions to query the client on.

These clients aren't that easygoing either, they are watching over us like hawks! They want us to ask "intelligent" questions. And they (especially Bill) say that that's how they will judge us. I was a bit reluctant to go to the client gathering on wednesday, coz I thought it would be boring. Yet, I didn't wanna ditch my team coz we're 'VELOCITEC' and we just dont do that to each other (except for Aaron who supposedly "had work and couldn't get time off to come" ....haha lol..yeh rite matey). On my way to this function, as I was about to turn into the Monash Freeway, Tarindra calls me up and goes "hey bro, do you have an extra tie? Can u plz quickly turn around, run home and get one, coz i dont wanna look like the only idiot!!!) So I turned all the way around and drove back another 5 km in the opposite direction back to my house and found another tie for him. (That's why we were like 15 minutes late)...lol.

Anyhow, just to let you know, the gathering wasn't that bad. There were Savoy biscuits and cheesy dips and champagne so it was well worth it. However, I just wish I had my phone turned off when that lady (forgot who she was) was addressing us all. It rang, momentarily attracting most people's attention. She also looked at me and gave me a funny look. Panicky moment, but good lesson learnt. Afterwards, we talked with Bill and Andrew (our clients) a bit more, until they ditched us to go and chat with a couple of young ladies....lol...:) We kinda spoiled their moment when we went and joined them again, hence chasing away the girls!!! Bill and
Andrew then left about 15 minutes later. Overall, it was a good event.

We have scheduled to meet up with Andrew on thursday to discuss the database a bit more. More and more and more questions keep popping up out of the blue like jack-in-the-boxes! We have decided that we wanna be ahead of the game, by applying a proactive attitude when it comes to querying the client, hence demonstrating our dedication to this project, in front of Bill and Andrew.

Other than that, we have completed and handed in our business case (1st version) and when we did this doc, we took into account all the feedback that Jake gave us regarding our other 2 docs (ie: no orphans, intro sentences and so on). I was initially expecting HD for the standards and governance docs, and was a little disappointed with only a D. But I think (I hope) we have taken into account all those weak points when doing the business case.

Now we got a whole week ahead of us for easter. I'm planning to catch up on all my work (all subjects) and meet up with my team sometime during the week (most likely tuesday) to discuss wat to ask at the client meeting on thursday. Other than that, I'm sure you can imagine what writing a 3000 word tax law report is like. Sooooooooooooo boring. On top of that, we have the most boring lecturer for that subject!!!. But she's not as bad as the guy we had for microeconomics in first year. Anyways, I think I'm going off track here. Time to focus. The next deliverable is the functional specification. We should get started on a draft next week and
plan to hand it in by week 8 the latest. This is because we want to be "one of those clever teams" like Jake said and be "ahead of the game" like I said earlier on. Hope everything goes well. Ahh well, pray for me coz tax law is giving me a headache!!! Thank god for easter though. Phew!

Until next time.................................
Cuidados, Feliz Pascua!!! Hasta luego !!! :)

No comments: